The mission of the Elk Foundation is to ensure the future of elk, other wildlife and their habitat.
In support of this mission the Elk Foundation is committed to:
- Conserving, restoring and enhancing natural habitats;
- Promoting the sound management of wild, free-ranging elk, which may be hunted or otherwise enjoyed;
- Fostering cooperation among federal, state, tribal and private organizations and individuals in wildlife management and habitat conservation; and
- Educating members and the public about habitat conservation, the value of hunting, hunting ethics and wildlife management.
Wisconsin RMEF State Leadership Team 2010
Wisconsin RMEF State Leadership Team (SLT) is a diverse group of passionate RMEF volunteer members who have taken action to serve RMEF in Wisconsin by sharing their experience and expertise to further benefit Wisconsin’s chapter volunteers, members and the public.In 2009 under the leadership of Wisconsin State Chair Tim Pflieger, the SLT began a transformative re-build - combining new and seasoned SLT members.The resulting “new” team created and adopted a mission statement:
To accomplish the RMEF Mission [of ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife and their habitat] in Wisconsin through:
- Engagement and communication with our members and the public
- Support the fund-raising/membership activities of local chapters
- Promote Conservation Education, Hunting Heritage & Outreach
With the Wisconsin mission cornerstone in place, the team worked to define roles and create a strategic plan. Over the span of 2009, the team was able to accomplish several goals that included commitment to regular meetings and communication, awarding RMEF State Grants, holding a Life Member/Habitat Partner event and a Wisconsin State RMEF Christmas Party.
Are you interested in putting your skills and experience to work with the Wisconsin RMEF State Leadership Team? Do you have ideas to support the RMEF mission? New faces and ideas are welcome. Contact Wisconsin State Chair Matthew Smith at 847-347-4075, or firstname.lastname@example.org.